Thursday, November 5, 2009

Blanc de Hotot - Sport rabbit charlie or boxer

I don't have a picture of a "charlie" or a "boxer".

  • A Blanc de Hotot with no eye bands is a charlie.
  • A Blanc de Hotot with only one eye band is called a boxer.
  • If there is banding around the half of an eye, but it fades into nothing as it goes around the eye, I'm pretty sure that would be a charlie too.

Never breed a charlie or a boxer. In fact I will keep some rabbits with fatter eye bands just as a precaution against the bands getting too thin or disappearing.

A Blanc de Hotot with no eye bands is just a white rabbit!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder about the "Boxer" from Laurie Staley-Jones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I had a rabbit that I'm pretty certain was a Blanc D' Hotot. I had to put her down when she was 10yrs old because she had uterine cancer.

    ReplyDelete