Friday, May 7, 2010

Blanc de Hotot x Satin Cross UPDATE

I'll try and get some pictures up of my Satin cross doe as soon as I make up my mind. It is down to two candidates. They both have nice type, one possibly better than the other, but I can't decide.
One will sit and let me pose it up perfectly and stay that way for a few seconds. This rabbit appears to have really, really nice type. Super compact with an immediate rise from the back of the skull, nice shoulder, good flesh and and rounds to the table nicely.
The other appears to have almost or as good type, but won't sit still for a second! And this feisty one is heavier that it's litter-mate. Given the choice, with type being equal, I will always choose the heavier rabbit. In this case, my choice would have been: lighter rabbit with great type or heavier rabbit with what looks to be good type,.. but I can't tell because she won't sit still!!
So I put them both back in the cage and will look again in a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment